Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dream on...!!!

Last week, our daughter sent me a quote. I promised her that whenever I got around to blogging again, I would start with that quote. So here it is ---

"There are dreamers, and there are realists in this world. You'd think that the dreamers would find the dreamers, and the realists would find the realists, but more often than not, the opposite is true.You see, the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun.
And the realists?
Well, without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground!" 


We all, down to the last person, have dreams. Each on a different scale, but dreams nevertheless. The scale of the dreams gets tempered with age. Youthful dreams are more exuberant, grand and at a distance from reality! But that is a good thing. Our dreams drive our ambitions and are the incentive to work hard. As a wise man once said, "there's no harm in building castles in the air, as long as you are ready to roll up your sleeves and build foundations under those castles!"


As we grow in years, we keep dreaming but with a healthy dose of reality. I guess that's because we are more mature, have seen & lived life. I consider myself more of a realist than a dreamer now. I wish it was the other way around. But then my wife and children are dreamers -- exuberant, effusive and enthusiastic. So there's a constant tussle going on in our household--- I try to keep everybody close to the ground and they in turn, lift me up every so often, as I am a part of their dreams. And to be honest, that is more fun!

There is a realist in everybody's life. Let him (or her) do his job. You keep doing yours--keep dreaming and soaring!!

.